Our 5 top tips for attracting new talent in January…
These are tricky times to be recruiting, it is a very competitive marketplace and so we have put together some ideas based on candidate feedback to help you become the employer of choice in 2022.
All employers can raise salaries, but increasingly staff are looking for more from a job than a big pay cheque.
Staff want to take advantage of working from home, flexibility and lifestyle outside the office.
These are our top 5 tips for recruiting and keeping staff.
- Work from home – This is a big one since Covid-19 changed the way we work forever. The majority of professionals report that they prefer a 60/40 split of office vs. home working. Allowing home working where this is possible for at least part of the week will not only make the role more attractive to candidates but it also opens the geographic reach of your candidate pool.
- Flexibility – Offering flexible start/finish times to employees where practically possible is extremely attractive to candidates, allowing them to integrate their work life with home life. Consider ‘core’ office hours to ensure that meetings are facilitated easily.
- Reduced hours – As lifestyle becomes increasingly valued within the workplace. Consider whether the role that you are recruiting could be completed within a shorter working week as opposed to the traditional 40 hour full time working week.
- Holiday allowance – A modest holiday allowance can be a real turn off for candidates, with many candidates considering a low holiday allowance to directly relate to how good a company is to work for. We recommend a minimum of a 23 days holiday allowance but ideally 25 days, plus bank holidays. Demonstrating flexibility around holidays is a great selling point when recruiting new staff. One way to achieve this is to allow your staff to buy and sell holidays to accommodate individual preferences and lifestyle choices.
- Progression and professional development – Recruiting is a costly expense to a business, therefore retention is key. Consider offering professional development courses and progression plans to keep employees engaged.
There are many creative ways to attract and retain your talent even in this competitive market that also fit with your business culture and operations.
You may require more specific advice regarding your recruitment strategy for 2022. If so, do get in touch to arrange a free consultation with one of our highly experienced consultants. email@example.com or 01904 373105.